Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 8

Made it a week!!!  Actually, I'm just about to finish day eight.  It's been over a year since I've gone a week without booze.  I've been sleeping much better, obviously.

It hasn't been nearly as difficult as I thought it would be which is strange because I've tried to quit many times over the last year. And failed. I think the main difference this time is the fact that I'm blogging about it and I've become slightly obsessed with following other blogs and researching alcoholism.  That's given me something to focus on. Been reading Mrs D Is Going Without lately.  That's my new favorite.

One strange thing;  I haven't had much of an urge to drink in the last week, but I've been obsessed with the fact that I'm not drinking....so I think about booze most of the time.  I assume that will go away at some point.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment