Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 14


Made it through my bachelor weekend without a problem.  Two full weeks without a drink.  I'm not sure if it's the blog or what, but before I started this little shindig two weeks ago I couldn't go more than three or four days without hitting the liquor store and buying a bottle of vodka.  Good times!  I kept myself pretty busy today...that helped.

I was thinking about some of the dumb things I've done while drunk.  Fortunately, I never got into any trouble because of my drinking....no DUI's, wrecks, arrests, or anything like that.  Most of the dumb things I've done while drunk I can look back at and at least kinda laugh.  I remembered one today:

About seven or so years ago I was hammered one night (shocker!) when I decided it was social media time.  This was before Facebook, when Myspace was all the rage.  So my drunk ass logged onto Myspace.  That's all I remember about that evening.

Then next morning I opened my laptop and noticed that I had a bunch of emails from various friends, some of whom I hadn't talked to in awhile.  I opened up the first email.  It said,

"Hey, thanks....but it's not my birthday."

Me: "huh?"

I opened up the next email:

"Dude, my birthday isn't until June...dumbass!"

Me: "Uh-oh.....what did I do last night?'

Third email, "Thanks for the birthday wishes....you're only two weeks late."

I didn't bother reading the other emails.  Instead, I reluctantly logged onto Myspace to see what I had done the previous night.  Sure enough, I had sent a personal message to every one of my friends saying happy birthday!  I had no recollection of sending a message to anybody.

Luckily, those are one of my drunken stories that I can look back at and laugh....as embarrassing as it was.  Nowadays I'll still get an occasional late night text saying "Happy Birthday" from my friend, Rick.  That's his way of telling me he's drinking.  I don't plan on sending him any late night birthday texts any more.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment