Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 1

I drink too much!  There, I said it.  I've known this for a long time.  Most of the time I either rationalize the problem, or deny that it exists.  But it does.  I can't seem to stop for more than a few days at a time.

I love being drunk!  It's fun.  Even when I'm alone, which is actually my preferred time to drink.  After getting hammered last night, for the fourth night in a row, I woke up this morning feeling pretty damn good.  I seem to have perfected the art of getting smashed, staying up way too late, and avoiding a hangover the next morning.  Now, I feel much better in the mornings that follow a sober night, but it's been well over a year since my last good hangover.

I woke up this morning feeling fine physically, but mentally I was off.  I haven't found a way of avoiding that....not after a night of heavy boozing.

So this morning I had a grand idea:  Why not challenge myself to one hundred days of sobriety and blog about the experience?  As with most of my ideas, I pat myself on the back and call myself a genyous, and then soon find out that I was the several millionth person to come up with the idea.  Yeah, sober blogs.

Oh well, I'm doing it anyway.  I think I went 30 or so days without a drink about a year ago.  It's been a steady downhill fall ever since.  I don't get physical withdrawals, and a few booze free days in a row typically isn't a problem.  It's the fourth or fifth nights where the cravings really start hitting me. Hopefully this blog will help.  And hopefully I'll learn something along the way.

Anyway,  Day 1 almost finished.  It was a success!  


No comments:

Post a Comment