Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 17 - Damned bad weather days

Yesterday was the second bad weather day in a week.  Ugh!  That means the kids don't have school and we're stuck in the house all day.  By evening we had all had enough of each other.  It would be nice if just one time it would snow on a bad weather day.  Nope, we get sleet and maybe a little ice.  And then the whole city falls apart.

Still going strong with this whole sobriety thing.  Haven't had any pings.  I think I've gone past the point where making a drink after the kids go to bed is an unconscious decision.

I have been a little more on edge lately.  Barked at the kids a few times....not that they didn't deserve it, but still.  I'm having to pay a little closer attention to that sort of thing now. 

I've been tired lately too.  I figured sobering up would give me a burst of energy.  Not so much so far.  I do feel much better, but by 10:00-10:30 at night I'm tired.

I don't anticipate any triggers popping up in the next couple of weeks.  The weekends used to be a trigger, but I'm over that. 

We have a cabin on the river out in the hill country.  We're going out there with my wife's cousins in a few weeks.  The cousins are both drinkers, and I don't know that I've ever spent a night (much less an entire weekend) at the cabin without getting hammered.  It's just what we do....start drinking early and then once we get the kids to bed, it's on!  We sit by the campfire and get wasted.  Every night we're there.

Anyway, that's a few weekends from now, but I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to navigate that weekend sober.  I don't think my cousins will be terribly impressed if I show up and announce that I'm not drinking.  Might be better to just make my normal drinks but forget to add the Vodka.  I don't anticipate any willpower problems if I got that route. 

Not sure why I'm worrying about this now....I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment