Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 40 - Autopilot

It's been ten days since I've posted.  Still going strong though.  I was feeling a little obsessed over my drinking, or lack thereof.  So I decided to try to concentrate on other things for awhile.  Next thing I knew it was ten days later and I hadn't checked into my blog.  I guess I haven't had much to say lately.

A few things;

1. I feel like I've been on autopilot for awhile now.  I know that Gene could creep up and start talking at any time, but he's been quiet lately.  Maybe he's planning Kiss's annual farewell tour. 

2. I've been craving sugar like crazy lately.  Not sure what that's about.  As with booze, monitoring my sugar intake didn't seem to be working, so I gave it all up for awhile.  I'm sure that something new will pop up for me to addict myself to.  Hopefully it will be something like running as opposed to heroin. 

3. I haven't craved a drink in quite awhile.  My wife is going out with some friends tonight.  Normally that would mean a night of heavy drinking for me.  The thought didn't even cross my mind until I decided to write this post.  That's a nice feeling.

4.  I still can't get over how much better I've been sleeping over the last month.  I've always loved to sleep.  I know, weird....but it's true.  I'm not gonna lie and say that I'm one of those fellows who believes that sleep takes away from productivity.  Sleeping is fun and drinking robbed me of that. 

I rarely ever got hangovers when I was drinking.  But when I woke up in the morning after a night of heavy drinking, the first thought that popped into my head was always, "Ugh, I drank last night."  It was usually the dry mouth, slight headache, and the realization that I went to bed too late and was going to be tired much of the day....shitty feeling.

Not very entertaining side story:  I learned early on in college that if I needed a lot of studying to pass an exam, I was doomed if I didn't start studying a few days in advance.  That whole staying up all night cramming for an exam thing never worked for me.  I could tell myself over and over that I'd fail an exam if I didn't stay up all night cramming, and I proved myself right a few times, but when it got late and I got tired.....that was it.  I was going to bed....didn't matter how important the next morning's exam was. 

That's all I got for now.

1 comment:

  1. So good to see a new post here! Just wanted you to know that I'm checking in and still sober, too. And well rested!

    ReplyDelete