Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Back on the wagon and busy

I'm back to coasting along which is nice.  Been busy dealing with life.  My father in law is ill and it doesn't look like he's going to fully recover.  My wife has been spending a lot of time in Houston visiting him and helping my mother in law deal.  I was down there last weekend with the boys.  We're all back home now.

This weekend we're going to what was supposed to be a big family reunion and celebration for my wife's grandmother's 100th birthday.  Unfortunately, she passed away about a week ago.  The grandmother, not my wife.  It wasn't unexpected.  So now we're going to a big family reunion and funeral. It happens.

This will be the third big family reunion I've been to on my wife's side.  They have one every five years.  They're all good people and I get along with them well.  Some of them drink, but a lot of them don't.  I don't foresee any temptations this weekend.  I'll probably be too busy chasing Five and Eight around.

I feel like I'm in a pretty good place sobrietywise.  The Goofup didn't cause any downward spiral back to my nightly drinking binges. It happened....now it's over.  I haven't counted, but I think I'd be pretty close to day 100 at this point, but the number doesn't really mean much to me now.  Sober nights still feel like the norm, and that's a pretty good place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I like your journey. It's unique and real. All the best for the funeral xxx

    ReplyDelete