Saturday, May 3, 2014

Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do?

It's been awhile. 

Easter in Sedona was good.  Lot's of drinking going around but I managed to abstain.  It wasn't that big of a deal. 

Gene has been stopping by a little more often and I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I haven't been blogging. 

I guess things have been a little stressful around here.  Father in law has been doing better lately, but that's to be expected.  We've been told to not get our hopes up because we're in for a roller coaster ride with him.  Not sure if I mentioned it before, but he has Lewy Body Dimentia.  I don't know much about it but I guess it's a pretty ugly disease.  He's been really clear lately....so much so that my Mother in law has been questioning whether he's been misdiagnosed. 

The doctors told us this would happen though.  They also said not to get too excited because he'll soon cycle back into a confused state.  He was confused when I saw him three weeks ago, but at least he was nice and calm.  He's also bipolar and has been for most of his adult life.  I've known him for about 16 years...great guy, but man I could tell some stories.

Anyway, my wife has been spending a fair amount of time in Houston helping her parents.  She's home now.  We're planning on visiting again next weekend. 

What else?  I worked out four times last week.  That's typical.  And I'm used to being sore...it kinda goes with the territory.  What I'm not used to is how crazy mind boggling sore I am this week compared to most other weeks.  Maybe I got dehydrated and that did me in.  I haven't been getting as much sleep lately.  I guess that could have something to do with it.  Whatever it is, when I woke up this morning my chest, arms, and abs hurt so bad I could barely get out of bed.  No bueno! 

I'm going to get plenty of sleep tonight and hope that I feel better tomorrow. 

This has turned into one big whiny pity party for me.  Apologies.

I'm sober though...so I got that going for me, which is nice!

3 comments: